By Jean-Michel Rabaté
- Broadens the research of canonical texts and creative occasions via displaying their cultural and worldwide parallels
- Examines a couple of simultaneous creative, literary, and political endeavours together with these of Yeats, Pound, Joyce, Du Bois and Stravinsky
- Explores Pound's Personae subsequent to Apollinaire's Alcools and Rilke's Spanish Trilogy, Edith Wharton's The customized of the Country subsequent to Proust's Swann's Way
Read Online or Download 1913: The Cradle of Modernism PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
Imagining Modernity within the Andes is an interdisciplinary paintings that bargains with the intersection of initiatives of modernity with structures of race and ethnicity within the Andes. This booklet focuses at the start on Indigenismo, trying to get well the highbrow power of writers and artists from the twenties who rewrote political and cultural discourse in an irreversible demeanour, and concludes with a attention of the hot configurations of indigeneity which are rising this day not just within the Andes yet around the globe.
We as soon as believed within the strength of Proust’s madeleine and Wordsworth’s boyhood memories—before literary tradition started to defer to Freud’s wondering of grownup thoughts of formative years. during this first sustained examine adolescence stories as depicted in literature, Lorna Martens unearths how a lot we can have misplaced via turning our recognition the wrong way.
Modernism arose in a interval of increasing globalization within the past due 19th century. Modernist writers and artists, whereas usually dependable to their kingdom in instances of warfare, aimed to upward push above the nationwide and ideological conflicts of the early 20th century in provider to a worldly perfect. This significant other explores the overseas elements of literary modernism by way of mapping the background of the flow throughout Europe and inside every one state.
Pool used to be an avant-garde team that originated in 1927 in Britain and used to be energetic below this identify till 1933. the gang consisted of the well known modernist poet H. D. , the English author Bryher, and the younger Scottish author and artist Kenneth Macpherson. All 3 have been initially writers, who at one element came upon movie as one other glossy, experimental medium of inventive expression.
- The Problem with Pleasure: Modernism and Its Discontents (NONE)
- The Collage Aesthetic in the Harlem Renaissance
- Katherine Mansfield and the Modernist Marketplace: At the Mercy of the Public
- Front Lines of Modernism: Remapping the Great War in British Fiction
- Modernism and the Reinvention of Decadence
Additional info for 1913: The Cradle of Modernism
1913: The Cradle of Modernism by Jean-Michel Rabaté