By Donald L. Sparks
- Maintains the top effect issue between serial courses in agriculture
- Presents well timed studies on vital agronomy concerns
- Enjoys a long-standing acceptance for excellence within the box
Read or Download Advances in Agronomy: 124 PDF
Best ecology books
This quantity within the Greenwood publications to Biomes of the realm: sequence covers the biomes at excessive altitudes and close to the poles, together with the arctic tundra biomes, the Mid-Latitude Alpine Tundra Biome (found within the mountain levels of North the US, Asia, and South America), and the tropical alpine tundra biome (for instance, Hawaii).
Aside from weather switch, organic invasions have most likely acquired extra recognition up to now ten years than the other ecological subject. but this is often the 1st artificial, single-authored assessment of the sphere on the grounds that Williamson's 1996 ebook. Written fifty years after the booklet of Elton's pioneering monograph at the topic, Invasion Biology offers a finished and up to date assessment of the technology of organic invasions whereas additionally supplying new insights and views in terms of the approaches of advent, institution, and unfold.
Worldwide warming is accelerating swifter than the facility for average fix, and environmental stresses are harmful ecosystems, all affecting actual and organic platforms on the earth. a brand new Nasa-led research exhibits that human job has brought on weather alterations leading to permafrost thawing, acid rain, and decrease productiveness in lakes in addition to elevated emissions of greenhouse gases, together with CO2, N20, CH4, CF3, and CFC.
Agroecologists from all over the world proportion their reports within the research and improvement of symptoms of agricultural sustainability in Agroecosystem Sustainability: constructing useful techniques. The authors construct at the resource-conserving points of conventional, neighborhood, and small-scale agriculture whereas whilst drawing on sleek ecological wisdom and techniques.
- The Subtropical Vegetation of Southwestern China: Plant Distribution, Diversity and Ecology (Plant and Vegetation)
- Data Analysis Methods in Physical Oceanography
- Prehistoric America: An Ecological Perspective
- Biogeography of Australasia
- The Science of the Struggle for Existence: On the Foundations of Ecology (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology)
Extra resources for Advances in Agronomy: 124
Advances in Agronomy: 124 by Donald L. Sparks